Information for Students
Dear students and future students of the University of Kassel,
as the responsible provider for legally secure electronic exams at the University of Kassel, we also want to do our part to slow down the further spread of the Corona virus. If you are writing an exam in the e-assessment center of the University of Kassel in the near future, you can support us:
- We strongly recommend that you wear a medical mouth-nose protection in the E-Assessment Center.
- We will provide you with a medical mouth-nose protection in the form of an FFP2 mask for your exam. You can obtain this in the e-assessment center.
- Support us by taking personal responsibility for infection control and follow the hygiene recommendations: Frequent hand washing, sneezing or coughing into the crook of your arm, etc. follow the AHA rules.
We will make sure all rooms are well ventilated and provide disinfectant at the entrances!
Good luck for your exam!
- The E-Assessment Center is located at Henschelstraße 2.
- Switch off your cell phone and smartwatch before entering the e-assessment center and stow them in your bag; this will save you time.
- At the e-assessment center, take a paper label with your last name, first name, password and voucher code from the reception desk. You will need the password and voucher code later to log into the exam system. If your label is not ready even though you have registered for the exam, please contact the e-assessment team.
- Place your bags, jackets and valuables in the lockers provided. Chips for using the lockers can be obtained at our reception desk.
- After entering the examination room, find an empty seat.
- You may bring a beverage with you. Make sure to use a sealable container (e.g. bottle with a screw cap). You may then place the beverage on the floor next to you.
- Wait to log on to the computer until you are instructed to do so. Follow the instructions of the exam supervisor of your department and the e-exam team from the Service Center for Teaching.
- Put your photo ID and your matriculation certificate or student ID on your desk. These documents are required for identity verification during the exam.
- Don't worry, the exam will not begin until everyone is safely seated. You will not be disadvantaged by any queues that may form.
Only when prompted you may log into the exam system with your matriculation number and the password on your personal paper label. On the label you will also find your voucher code, which you can use to log in to the exam area.
A representative of the examonation team will give an introduction to your exam.
Afterwards, you will receive a short introduction to the use of the e-exam system by the staff of the Service Center for Teaching. The staff of the Service Center for Teaching will afterwards give you a clear signal to start the exam.
After this request you can start the exam. Please note the following information:
- It is possible that your instructor has set a time limit in the exam, after which your exam will be sent automatically. If your exam has a time limit, you will be informed of this at the beginning of the exam. You can check the remaining time on your exam computer at any time, as it is displayed on the screen.
- You can correct your answers at any time during the exam.
- As with a paper exam, once submitted, you cannot reclaim the exam. If you click on "Submit exam" in the exam system, you must then click twice on a "Submit" button to complete the exam. Only then the exam has finally been turned in and cannot be recalled.
When you have turned in your exam, please log out of the system.
Your lecturer will tell you whether you have passed and with which grade. Depending on the structure of the exam and the types of tasks used, this can take from a few days to a few weeks.
Your lecturer will also inform you when and where you can view your exam.