International short stays
An international academic stay does not always mean studying at another university for one or more semesters or doing an internship in an organization abroad.
You can also travel to another country for just a few days or a few weeks for a specific academic occasion and have the stay and the travel/flight (partially) financed.
Which occasions this can be, how you can combine it with your studies, but also which possibilities there are for financing it - we have compiled some information and links for you here.
- if you are planning to spend a semester abroad at the Universidad de Salamanca in Spain, for example, you can get to know the university beforehand through a short stay such as a summer school at the same university.
- if you are just losing your motivation for your studies, you can get fresh, new wind and new inspiring or irritating perspectives through a new educational format outside of Germany
- if you are going to visit your friends in France during your semester break anyway, you can perhaps make a conference visit there at the same time
- if you want to use your semester break for further education, need a break from your homework and can take time off from your part-time job to do so, an international academic stay might be a practical reason and goal for you!
- You find out about specific academic education formats outside of Germany through friends, acquaintances, colleagues, lecturers, organizations, social media - simply by chance.
- You research on the Internet to find out which universities around the world are conducting research on the topics that interest you. Thereupon you can look up if they offer educational formats in the near future in which you can participate. BSP: As a student of the department 05 you are interested in Disability Studies or Political Consulting & Management and you don't find any courses at the University of Kassel. Then you can travel internationally to universities that offer conferences, congresses, etc. in your field of interest during your semester break.
- You let us advise you and bring with you your interest and curiosity to travel and learn internationally. But also your doubts and questions.