- February 2016: defense of dissertation on how professors design the PhD-phase and supervise PhD-students in sociology, political sciences and economics in Austria, Germany, and the German speaking part of Switzerland, supervised by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Teichler and Prof. Dr. Georg Krücken.
- July 2004: graduation Magister Artium (pre-Bologna equivalent to Master), studies of sociology and political sciences at Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg.
- Since 04/2021 - Visting Research Fellow CiPES - Centre for Research in Higher Education Policies, Porto, Portugal.
- 10/2020–09/2021 – Invited visiting professor „Sociology, Methods and Techniques for Empirial Social Research“, Institute for Sociology, RWTH Aachen University.
- 02/2020–04/2020 – Visiting scholar, Universidad Catholica, Santiago de Chile (School of Education), Chile.
- Since 01/2020 – Associate editor journal Studies in Higher Education (2020 Journal Impact Factor 4.363).
- 03/2019 – short study visit Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- 02/2017–04/2017 – Visiting scholar University of Melbourne (Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education), Australia.
- Since 10/2012: head of research unit "Innovation and Transfer" at INCHER-Kassel.
- Since 03/2009: academic staff at INCHER-Kassel.
- 07/2016 – 06/2020 “Academic Profession in Knowledge Society”, funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Since 10/2015 “Involvement of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers in knowledge and technology transfer”, no additional funding. Partner: Jakob Tesch, German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies (Deutsches Zentrum für Hochschul- und Wissenschaftsforschung), Berlin.
- 12/2013 – 05/2017 “Quality assurance of studying and teaching via processes of accreditation and evaluation” (Externe und interne Qualitätssicherung von Studium und Lehre durch Akkreditierungs- und Evaluationsverfahren), funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- 03/2009 – 06/2012 “The Role of the New Higher Education Professions for the Redesign of Teaching and Studying” (Die Rolle der Neuen Hochschulprofessionen für die Gestaltung von Studium und Lehre), funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- 07/2010 – 04/2011 “Present and future of early career higher education researchers (GeZu HoFoNa)”, no additional funding.
- 02/2010 – 05/2010 “Cooperative knowledge transfer in humanities and social sciences” (Kooperativer Wissenstransfer in den Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften), supported by UniKasselTransfer GmbH.
- 04/2008 – 11/2009 “Good Practices in University-Enterprise Partnerships (GOODUEP)”, case study Germany, funded by Erasmus Multilateral Project of the European Union’s LifeLong Learning Programme.
- 04/2009 Member of research teams for the “Trends in European Higher Education 2010” site-visits to Belgium, Latvia and Russia on invitation by the European University Association (EUA).
- 2015-2016 member of the study program committee for the re-accreditation of the BA and MA programs of sociology, University of Kassel.
- since 2012 elected member of the INCHER governing body (INCHER-Direktorium).
- 2011-2014 member of the organising committee or the network of Early Career Higher Education Researchers (ECHER website).
- Since 2011 member of the publication committee of INCHER-Kassel
- Since 2011 member of the editorial board of International Journal of Management in Education (IJMIE).
- 2010 - 2014 board-member of the network of early career higher education researchers (Hochschulforschungsnachwuchs, HoFoNa website) of the German speaking Association of Higher Education Research.
- 2010 member of the review board for professorship applicants for W3 professorship Higher Education Research, Sociology University of Kassel.
- April/May/October 2009: member of the research group for the country visit in Belgium, Latvia and Russia for the project Trends in European Higher Education 2010 on invitation by European University Association (EUA). TRENDS-reports at EUA website.
- January 2006 - February 2009: secretary general of VSS-UNES-USU the National Union of Students of Switzerland in Berne.
- August 2004 – August 2005: policy advisor on different projects, mainly related to the Bologna-Process, for the German teachers union (Gewerkschaft Erziehung und Wissenschaft), section Baden-Württemberg.
Membership Scientific Associations
- German Sociological Association.
- German Higher Education Research Association.
- Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER)