FAQ CampusCard

For employees:

It can take up to 14 calendar days for the CampusCard to be delivered!

If you have not received your CampusCard for more than 14 calendar days, please contact the IT helpdesk.
If you are unable to collect your CampusCard from the IT helpdesk, please contact the IT service desk by telephone or with a ticket.

If your CampusCard is defective, please contact the IT helpdesk. Further information on what to do if your CampusCard is defective can be found on the"Loss or defect" page.

Please be sure to bring your defective CampusCard with you to the IT Helpdesk, otherwise a loss fee of €15 will be charged.

Please block your card via the self-service first.

Please contact the IT helpdesk to issue a replacement card. Further information on what to do if you lose your CampusCard can be found on the"Loss or defect" page.

Students will be charged a loss fee of €15. For guests/university-external persons the fee is €20. This can be paid cashless on site at the IT helpdesk.
If a copy of a police theft report (not a loss report!) is presented, the loss fee is waived.

Please understand that the loss fee cannot be refunded if the lost CampusCard is found later.

The Deutschlandsemesterticket will not be printed on the CampusCard.

Until 30.04.24, the ticket on the CampusCard will also be valid in the NVV area for a transitional period. This is a goodwill gesture by the NVV if the ticket does not yet work on the smartphone. If you have any questions, please contact the AstA and refer to the general semester ticket information page.

Use the recharging stations for this. You can find the locations on the Studierendenwerk website [external].

The autoload function [external] is available for cashless top-ups.

The available card balance is displayed when you pay with the card or when you insert the card into one of the top-up stations.

If you have any questions or problems with the CampusCard payment function, please contact the Studierendenwerk at < campuscard[at]studierendenwerk[dot]uni-kassel[dot]de >

Yes, this is possible via the following options:

  • with a valid library card, which can be applied for via the library
    • at the information desk of the Studierendenwerk in the Campus Center, the canteen status "student" can be entered
    • A valid student ID card is required
  • with a guest card
    • a guest card can be purchased at the revaluator stations [external] for a fee of €5
    • inform the staff at the cash desks that you are enrolled at a university and show your valid student ID card

Please inform the Admissions Office/Human Resources Department of the name change first.

Please come to the IT Helpdesk with your old CampusCard at the earliest one day after the change has been made. You will then receive a CampusCard with the updated data.

If possible, insert another card of the same format about halfway into the validator. Do not let go of the second card, but hold it firmly. The stuck Campuscard is then often ejected again.

If this does not help, please contact one of these Contact persons, depending on the validator concerned.

The University of Kassel does not provide any sleeves for storing the card.

The CampusCard must be stored carefully and treated similarly to a valid photo ID.
It is recommended that the CampusCard is not kept in the same compartment of the wallet as an embossed card (e.g. credit card) with protruding letters. Otherwise the embossing of the other card may scrape off the imprint of the CampusCard.

We also ask you not to use protective sleeves that contain a lot of plasticizers, as these will remove the imprint.

If the imprint on your card does wear off, please come to the IT Helpdesk with your CampusCard so that we can print you a new CampusCard free of charge.