Course: Materials Analysis using X-Rays
- Dr.-Ing. Alexander Liehr
Knowledge of the fundamentals and application of X-rays in materials testing
- Important material testing methods are addressed in which X-rays are used (e.g. radiographic testing, residual stress measurement, structure determination, phase analysis, texture determination).
- The course consists of lecture and practical work in the X-ray laboratory.
- The course takes place in the winter semester.
- It can be recognized as a lecture or advanced practical course in mechanical engineering.
- Acceptance as a lecture: Prerequisite is attendance of the lectures and the laboratory practical as well as a final presentation graded at least "sufficient". In this case, 3 credits will be recognized.
- Acceptance as advanced practical course in mechanical engineering: Prerequisite is attendance of the lectures and the practical course in the laboratory as well as the submission of a practical course report graded at least with "sufficient". In this case, 3 experiments (4 credits) are recognized.
- On Thursdays, 10 -12 am, room 2120, Mönchebergstr. 3
- Lecture / presentation
- Registration in HIS is required.
Participants will be admitted immediately until the max. number is reached. After that, registration in a waiting list is possible. If an admitted participant deregisters, the next one on the waiting list automatically moves up.
- The practical course cannot be taken at the same time as a credit for the lecture "Materials analysis with X-rays".
- All information and documents will be published this semester via Moodle (https://moodle.uni-kassel.de/moodle/). Students who have registered in HIS by October 9, 2022 will receive the registration key for this course by mail on October 10, 2022.