Due to ongoing construction at the library's Brüder-Grimm-Platz location access to our collections and the special reading room may be limited. For inquiries and appointments, please contact the department by e-mail: hassiaca[at]bibliothek.uni-kassel[dot]de.
The Hassiaca sub-department is responsible for all functions pertaining to the university library's role as state library:
- The collection of resources published in the administrative region of Kassel (Regierungsbezirk Kassel, excluding the district of Fulda) and in the district of Marburg-Biedenkopf.
- The collection of literature on the history of the area of the former Hesse-Kassel as well as all other publications dedicated to this territory
- The cataloguing of literature from and about the region
- Providing access to this literature to all interested parties
- The preservation of this part of the region's cultural heritage