Friedrich Wilhelm Strieder: Grundlage zu einer Hessischen Gelehrten und Schriftsteller Geschichte seit der Reformation bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten. Göttingen et al. 1781ff (later volumes with other editors).
Digital copies are accessible at the Bavarian State Library.
Volumes of the Kurhessischer Staatskalender (Almanach of the Electorate of Hesse) and its successor Königlich Preussischer Staatsdienst-Kalender (Royal Prussian State Almanach), digitized by the State Library, can be found in the online archive ORKA. Issues published between 1835 and 1866 under the title Kurfürstlich Hessisches Hof- und Staatshandbuch (Almanach of the Court and State of the Electorate of Hesse) can be accessed via the Bavarian State Library and can be viewed via the library's web catalog.
The volumes of the Address Book of Kassel and Surroundings, digitized by the State Library, can be found in the online archive ORKA.
These card indices, created by historian and librarian Philipp Losch (1869-1953) and customs director and amateur historian August Woringer (1855-1945), provide biographical information on persons from Hesse. Both card indices are accessible in digital form on ORKA.
The Losch card index contains information on civilians, the Woringer card index on military persons.
- Plan of the Steinberg coal and alum works near Großalmerode
- Plan and profile of the Mardorf ironstone mine
- Plan and profile of the Carlstollen and Siebel mines and a part of the Gunkelröder minig district
- Plan [and cross-sections] of a part of the Rosenthal and Iba mining districts
- Plan of a part of the Wolfsberg and Carlstollen at Richelsdorf
- Petrographic map of the Meißner
- Plan of the Hessian Capital and Residence of Cassel
- Situational map and cross-sections of the Braunhausen mining district at Richelsdorf
- Road, town and river map of Electoral Hesse
Historical photographs and picture postcards
The State Library has an extensive collection of historical photographs and picture postcards, primarily with views of northern Hessian cities with a focus on Kassel. These are gradually being digitized. They can be found under Historical Photo Collection in the online archive ORKA.
Hans Germandi Collection
Kassel University Library has acquired the Hans Germandi photo collection and documented photo lectures and provides access to them via the online archive ORKA. In conjunction with the Historical Photo Collection, two important historical sources about Kassel before its destruction in World War II thus merge into a single unit.
Collection of Hessian State Ordinances and Tenders together with the Explanatory and Other Rescripts, Resolutions, Decrees, Common Notices and the Like Belonging to them
1337-1816 digitized by Marburg University Library Access to full texts
- Letter Copy Book of the Replacement Battalion of the Regiment 'Kurprinz' (January to September 1814)
- The Hessian Corps in America 1776 - 1783 (transcript)
- Diary of the Fusilier Regiment of Alt-Lossberg
- Diary of the Garrison Regiment of Knoblauch
- Diary of the Grenadier Battalion Block (later: von Lengerke)
- Diary of the Grenadier Battalion Platte
- Diary of the Grenadier Battalion von Loewenstein
- Diary of the Grenadier Regiment von Bischhausen
- Diary of the Hessian Feldjäger Corps
- Diary of the Hessian Corps in the American War of Independence 1776/77 (transcript)
- Diary of the Leibinfanterier Regiment
- Diary of the Leibinfanterieregiment Erbprinz
- Diary of the Obristlieutenant A. E. von Dincklage from the American War of Independence 1776 - 1784 (transcript)
- Diary of the Erbprinz Regiment
- Diary of the Lossberg Regiment 1776 - 1784
- Diary of the Lossberg Regiment 1776-1783 (transcript)
- Diary of the Regiment Prinz Carl 1776-1784
- Diary of the Regiment Prinz Friedrich 1776 - 1783
- Diary of the Regiment von Bose
- Diary of the Regiment von Dithfurth 1776-1783
- Diary of the Regiment von Huyn
- Diary of the Regiment von Knyphausen
Plans, views and maps of the Landgraviate of Hesse by Wilhelm Dilich. Further information about as well as freely accessible publications can be found on the project page of the University of Kassel.