2. examination registrations and deregistrations

The content on this page was translated automatically.

...can be obtained from the IT Service Center or from colleagues in the Examinations Office.

Please refer to your examination regulations for information on the type and scope of examinations. The subject examination regulations of the BA and MA degree programs are supplemented by the General Provisions . Examination registrations are binding. If the course you are taking does not comply with your examination regulations and registration, it is deemed not to have been completed. For reasons of equal treatment, any graded coursework for which you have not registered will also be deemed not to have been completed.

The lecturers set the deadlines for registration and deregistration for examinations individually. Cancellation is generally possible without giving reasons until the day before the examination, especially for term papers until the end of the semester (March 31 or September 30). Reasons for withdrawal after the deadline must be submitted to the examination board in good time. In the case of illness, a medical certificate must be provided. Please present your certificates to your lecturer and submit them to the Examinations Office so that your examination registration is not recorded as a failed attempt. The certificates must be submitted promptly, no later than three days after the examination date.  Registered work that is not completed will be graded as "failed".

Registration is also required for repeat examinations. If this is not possible for technical reasons, please contact the Examinations Office. In principle, there is no legal entitlement to a repeat examination.

If all repeat attempts have been assessed as "failed", it is no longer possible to register for further examinations in this degree program. It may be possible to change to a related degree program. The General Student Advisory Service or the Examinations Office can help you with this.

If you can prove that you suffer from a serious or chronic illness or disability, you can apply to the examination board for compensation for disadvantages . This also applies to illnesses of children and relatives in need of care, maternity leave or parental leave. As the examination board will advise you on this and there may also be organizational work involved, the application should be made in good time before the examination and submitted to the examinations office. Compensation for disadvantages cannot be granted retroactively.