General information about the Hessian State Domain Frankenhausen
The content on this page was translated automatically.
Just outside Kassel in the agriculturally favored Hofgeismar Rötsenke lies the Hessian State Domain Frankenhausen, which was leased by the University of Kassel in 1998. Since then, 320 hectares have been cultivated there according to the guidelines of organic farming and a modern teaching, research and transfer center for organic farming and sustainable regional development has been established, which is available to the Department of Organic Agricultural Sciences as a teaching and experimental farm.
The "transparent" model farm for ecologically, economically and socially sustainable management is not only reserved for university research and teaching, but is also freely accessible to the interested public.
The goals for the development of the Hessian State Domain Frankenhausen
The following goals are continuously being worked on:
- Resource-saving, climate-compatible production of healthy foodstuffs
- Efficient food production in harmony with landscape ecology goals
- Preservation and promotion of biological diversity
- Creation and safeguarding of socially acceptable jobs
- Promotion of communication between town and country, science and practice, farm and region
- Holistic place of learning to create awareness and transparency for high-quality food and its production
- Testing and realization of alternative energy concepts on the way to energy self-sufficiency
Weather station Frankenhausen
The weather data of Frankenhausen can be seen on the page of the Landesbetrieb Landwirtschaft Hessen.