Dr. Christin Schipmann-Schwarze
- Steinstr. 19
- BLE-Projekt "Analysis of the market for organic poultry (Organic poultry), Duration: September 2016 - February 2019.
- BLE Projekt "Confidence in organid food". Duration: September 2019 - September 2022.
- 12/2017: Research Associate at the Department of Agricultural and Food Marketing
- Since10/2013: Desk Officer, Faculty of Organic Agriculture of the University of Kassel
- 08/2012-09/2013: Parental leave
- 04/2012-08/2012: Consultant
- 04/2010-03/2012: Associated expert (Agricultural Economist) of the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Nairobi, Kenya
- 08/2006-03/2010: Research Associate and PhD. Candidate Chair of International Food Economics and Rural Development, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Georg-August University, Göttingen, Germany (12/2007 – 03/2010) Chair of International Agricultural Trade and Food Security, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science in the Tropics and Subtropics, Hohenheim University, Stuttgart, Germany (08/2006 – 11/2007)
- 10/2005-08/2006: Consultant, Make Trade Fair Campaign, Oxfam e.V., Berlin, Germany
- 10/2004-07/2006: MSc. Agricultural Economics, Thesis: Value chains for a better integration of smallholders to trade – the case of chilli pepper in Ghana
- 10/2001-03/2004: BSc. Agriculture, Thesis: Einschätzung der Wirksamkeit von Selbsthilfeorganisationen im ländlichen Raum Sub Sahara Afrikas – Fallbeispiel einer Milchvereinigung in Äthiopien
- Internships at farms in Germany and Australia as well as in German institutions working in the sector of international cooperation.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Schipmann-Schwarze, C. and Hamm, U. (2019). Exploring drivers and barriers for organic poultry consumption. British Food Journal.
- Schipmann, C. and Qaim, M. (2011). Modern food retailers and traditional markets in developing countries: Comparing quality, prices, and competition strategies in Thailand. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Vol. 33, No.3. aepp.oxfordjournals.org/content/33/3/345.full.pdf+html
- Schipmann, C. and Qaim, M. (2011). Supply chain differentiation, contract agriculture and farmers` preferences: The case of sweet pepper in Thailand. Food Policy, Vol 36, Issue 5. www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306919211000911.
- Schipmann-Schwarze, C. and Hamm, U.: Potentials and barriers for the organic poultry market- is price all that counts? 2nd International GRAB-IT Workshop, Capri, 27-29 June 2018.