Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program
What we offer
The GPN Visiting Professorship will be awarded for a term of six months each in the period between October 2020 to September 2024.
The terms of the professorship are:
- 1st of October to 30th of March each year
- 1st of April to 30th of September each year
The professorship includes financial remuneration resp. a salary for the duration of the stay in Kassel and round-trip airfare (at the cheapest direct commercial fare).
The responsibilities of the GPN Visiting Professorship include the following:
- Teaching 2 courses with 15 seminar sessions of 90 minutes each in the MA programme Global Political Economy and Development. One course should cover a core course of the programme and one course will be offered as an elective. The elective will also be offered to MA students from other programmes.
- Participate in the GPN PhD colloquium
- Engage in collaborative research
- Contribute to the development of the E-learning tools / Online Educational Resources for the GPN network
- Write a working paper for the GPN
Recipients are required to use the title "Wangari Maathai Professor" in all articles and publications resulting from research activities performed under those auspices and while attending conferences during the Wangari Maathai Visting Professorship.
Upon termination of their stay at the GPN, recipients are requested to submit a short report on their activities as Visiting Professor at the GPN.
- The application must be received by 15th July 2023
- The professorship is tenable during the academic years 2024 (1st April to 30th September 2024 & 1st July to 31st December 2024).
- Applications will be processed by the GPN office and should be submitted on the GPN's application form.
Please submit the completed application by email to: buckel.gpn[at]uni-kassel[dot]de