Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program
Academic Years 2020-2024 (October 2020 - September 2024)
The Global Partnership Network (GPN) is an ambitious and promising assemblage of higher education institutions and civil society groups for research, teaching and training around SDG 17: “Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development". The GPN is one of the seven Centers of Excellence for Exchange and Development funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Higher Education Excellence in Development Cooperation (exceed) program of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The GPN Visiting Professorship is established at the University of Kassel for suitable candidates from all GPN partner universities and related universities in the field of research collaboration on global partnerships for sustainable development. It is intended for outstanding scientists from institutions of higher learning and research institutions who have achieved appropriate recognition in their fields and who have obtained positions as senior researchers.
The call for applications is closed now!
What we offer
The GPN Visiting Professorship will be awarded for a term of six months each in the period between October 2020 to September 2024.
The terms of the professorship are:
- 1st of October to 30th of March each year
- 1st of April to 30th of September each year
The professorship includes financial remuneration resp. a salary for the duration of the stay in Kassel and round-trip airfare (at the cheapest direct commercial fare).
The responsibilities of the GPN Visiting Professorship include the following:
- Teaching 2 courses with 15 seminar sessions of 90 minutes each in the MA programme Global Political Economy and Development. One course should cover a core course of the programme and one course will be offered as an elective. The elective will also be offered to MA students from other programmes.
- Participate in the GPN PhD colloquium
- Engage in collaborative research
- Contribute to the development of the E-learning tools / Online Educational Resources for the GPN network
- Write a working paper for the GPN
Recipients are required to use the title "Wangari Maathai Professor" in all articles and publications resulting from research activities performed under those auspices and while attending conferences during the Wangari Maathai Visting Professorship.
Upon termination of their stay at the GPN, recipients are requested to submit a short report on their activities as Visiting Professor at the GPN.
- The application for the winter term 2021/2022 and summer term 2022 must be received by 15th January 2021
- The decisions of the International Academic Committee (IAC) will be announced by 1st March 2021
- The professorship is tenable during the academic years 2020-2024 (1st October 2020 to 30th September 2024).
- Applications will be processed by the GPN office and should be submitted on the GPN's application form.
Please submit the completed application by email to: buckel.gpn[at]uni-kassel[dot]de