The library card entitles you to use the services of the University Library. Students obtain it as a CampusCard at the beginning of their study period. Non-University members can apply for a library card online and free of charge (see below). You will need this card for the following services:
- borrowing items
- using electronic resources on site
- printing, copying and scanning
- using lockers at the Campus Library
- login to your user account
Once a CampusCard is issued, you agree to respect the latest version of the Usage rules at Kassel University Library. As soon as the card is ready to be picked up, usually after 1 or 2 days, you will get an e-mail notification.
The original issuance of the library card is free of charge. However, fees will be charged for re-issuing a CampusCard that has been lost. If your personal data change, please contact Kassel University Library.
The library card is an element of the CampusCard and therefore property of Kassel University. In case of loss, please contact the library immediately.
The following persons are entitled to use the library:
- Kassel University staff and members
- persons aged 16 and over (with a declaration of consent from their parents/legal guardians)
- persons with a place of residence in Germany for at least 3 months