Placement and Registration: German Courses DURING the Semester
Online registration starts from 21.03.2022. The programme is available here from 14.03.2022. All courses start in the week of 19.04.2022 and end in the week of 11.07.2022, unless otherwise stated.
- For an international student of the University of Kassel the course fee is 132 € for 104 teaching units.
- An employee of the University of Kassel pays 132 € for 104 teaching units.
- An external student or guest (i.e. not enrolled as student or exchange student at the University of Kassel or not working as an employee at the University of Kassel) pays 348 € for 104 units.
DSH, TestDaF or TELC C1 Hochschule (enrolment immediately after the language examination), or any other (recognised) certificate from Telc or Goethe-Institut (not older than 1 year).
In case of a non-recognised certificate/proof, please refer to point 4.
Successful studies in German or something similar: proof of study experience in German, Germanistik, DaF or a similar programme will also be recognised.
Please send us the certificate/proof with the latest completed level (if possible as a PDF, otherwise as an image file scan) to the following address: deutschlernen[at]uni-kassel[dot]de.
After you have sent your certificate/proof by e-mail, click here and enter your information. This is to request a registration code. This step is not the registration for a course!
You will then receive an e-mail from the Language Centre with a registration code and information on how to register online for the course.
Please take a placement test.
Important note: Please make sure that you observe the maximum time allowed for all tests. Only then will you receive a realistic result on your language skills and for placement in the appropriate language course.
- After the placement test, make a note of the percentage achieved (%) and the duration of the test. Click here and fill in the required information about your test result to apply for a registration code. Please be sure to keep a screenshot of your test result in case we have any queries.
This step is your request for a registration code, and not yet a registration for the course! After this you will receive an e-mail from the Language Centre with a registration code and information on how to register for the course online.
1. To attend a German course at level A1 or A2, please click here to take the placement test A2 from Cornelsen. (Please do not exceed 45 minutes when taking the test)
2. To attend a German course at level B1.1 or B1.2, please click here to take the placement test B1 from Cornelsen. (Please do not exceed 60 minutes when taking the test)
3. To attend a German course at level B2, please click here to take the placement test (Please do not exceed 90 minutes when taking the test)
4. To attend a German course at level C1, please click here to take the placement test (Please do not exceed 90 minutes when taking the test)
Please note: In your own interest, you should not try to achieve the result required for a particular course level of your choice in the placement test with all means (e.g. by repeating it, getting help from friends, etc.)!!! If you register for a course in this way and the level is too high for you, you will not experience any success in the course and will not pass the examination. It will also not be possible to change to a lower course once courses have commenced since our courses are fully booked on a regular basis. Attempts at deception therefore do not pay off in any respect!