The demographic change in Germany is already presenting society with major challenges. The consequences of demographic change include the increasing number of elderly people in need of support and a lack of qualified skilled workers of working age. The development of so-called age-appropriate assistance systems for a self-determined life - AAL for short - is a possible solution. The research project "TAAndem - AAL training in tandem" is dedicated to this topic.
This research project examines how the potentials of innovative technical developments for age-appropriate assistance systems can be tapped and put into practice.
For this purpose, employees in different AAL occupational fields should learn within the framework of further training measures to design, offer and use the new technical possibilities in such a way that the actual needs and wishes of the people to be supported are fully taken into account. Employees with medical, nursing and social professional knowledge (e.g. nursing staff) should meet technically qualified persons (e.g. craftsmen) to work on practical project tasks. In addition, connections to university teaching and higher education and thus to the future developers of assistance systems are to be established. The didactic approach of tandem learning is to be taken up, in which pairs of differently qualified participants support each other in the learning process on the basis of specific case studies.
- an architect and a physiotherapist carry out the configuration and installation planning of a stairlift for a disabled senior citizen,
- a geriatric nurse and an electrician plan the equipping of elevators in a home for the visually impaired,
- a nursing supervisor and a mechatronics student configure a home emergency call and operations control system,
- a health insurance consultant and the managing director of a medical device company adjust a computer keyboard for Parkinson's patients and
- a nurse and a computer scientist develop a sensor-controlled information system for diabetics.
- Universität Kassel: Fachgebiet Mensch Maschine Systemtechnik
- Institut für nachhaltige, innovative und angewandte Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Frankenberg
- Diakonisches Aus- und Fortbildungszentrum für Altenarbeit, Hofgeismar
- Kreishandwerkerschaft Waldeck-Frankenberg, Korbach
- Flobo Qualitätsmanagement Organisationsentwicklung, Hofgeismar
The TAAndem project is one of nine projects funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research as part of the funding program "Development of professional and university training opportunities and additional qualifications in the area of age-appropriate assistance systems - QuAALi" and supervised by the project management company VDI / VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH will.
This program is part of the future project "Lead an independent life even in old age" to implement the high-tech strategy of the federal government.
Funding number: 16SV5765K
|Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung|
|Entwicklung von beruflichen und hochschulischen Weiterbildungsangeboten und Zusatzqualifikationen im Bereich Altersgerechter Assistenzsysteme|
|VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH|
- Prof. Dr. Jan Marco Leimeister
- Niroshan Thillainathan