The content on this page was translated automatically.
Pyrolysis and activation reactor
- Continuously operated pyrolysis and activation reactor for the production of vegetable and activated carbons from biomasses.
- Horizontal screw reactor with adjustable temperature range up to max. 900 °C.
- Dwell time in the reactor freely adjustable (min. 10 minutes).
- Nitrogen purge for low-oxygen conditions in the pyrolysis reactor
- Connection for addition of reaction gases (CO2, O2) or steam into the reactor to produce activated carbons by partial oxidation.
- Maximum input: 2 kg dry mass per hour.
Investigation of the suitability of residual biomasses for the production of high quality vegetable and activated carbons for various applications in the environmental and agricultural sectors.
A particular focus is on the production of activated carbons for the removal of organic trace substances from municipal wastewater and for the substitution of conventional activated carbons based on fossil raw materials.
IFBB test facility
The IFBB (Integrated Production of Solid Fuel and Biogas from Biomass) test plant consists of a mixing unit for mixing warm water with biomass and a screw press (VetterTec, type AV) for mechanical separation of solid and liquid phases.
The plant is used in Neu-Eichenberg for the separation of biomass into liquid and solid phase. The relatively dry, fiber-rich press cake has a reduced mineral content and is therefore, after subsequent compaction, suitable as solid fuel or for the production of vegetable and activated carbons. The press juice with its increased sugar and mineral content can be used as fertilizer or as substrate for biogas production.
Pellet mill Amandus Kahl 14-175 with different dies for different biomasses and pellets with 4, 6 or 8 mm diameter.
Pellet mill qteck PP230UG, production capacity 150-250 kg/h, pellets with diameter 6 mm or 10 mm .
The pellet press is used for compacting biomass. The press can pelletize wood, straw, hay, grass, IFBB press cake and other materials.