PhD and Postdoc positions
In Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute of Nanostructure Technologies and Analytics (INA), Technological Physics (Prof. Dr. Johann Peter Reithmaier), to fill the following position as soon as possible
Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H), full-time, temporary employment
This is a fixed term-position for 3 years with a possibility of extending the contract to 30.09.2026 (Qualifikationsstelle gem. § 65 HHG i. V. mit § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 2 WissZeitVG). Acquisition of habilitation is possible and desirable.
- Assistance in research and teaching in the field of technological physics
- Support of the head of the department for formal and specific matters concerning project applications, implementation and reporting
- Acquiring own research resources, setting up and running a research group (2-6 doctoral students)
- Own teaching, which is within the subject area of the department, as well as substitution for the head of the department
- Self-contained research work that should include one or more of the following topics:
o Preparation, characterization and application of epitaxially grown low-dimensional III-V semiconductor heterostructures;
o Realization and investigation of novel optoelectronic devices or device concepts based on nanostructured III-V semi-conductors;
o Realization and investigation of semiconductor hybrid systems, e.g. of the monolithic integration of III-V materials on Si.
Student Research Assistent
There are different topics at our institute, which could be interesting for students. Those interested in student research assistent work should contact Prof. Dr. Reithmaier.
Proposals of Bachelor- and Master theses
Those interested in graduation work should contact the respective group leader of our research areas.