Security and Safety on Campus
The University of Kassel takes precautions to ensure a safe and secure campus environment for all students, faculty and staff.
However, the university is open to the public and strangers can easily enter the campus – as anywhere in the world, people can become a victim of a criminal offence. In order for students and staff to feel safe and secure on campus, we have gathered the following information regarding campus security.
Security staff members
Security staff members
Our staff and the staff members of our external security provider work as hard as they can to make the campuses of the University of Kassel as safe as possible. Internal and external security personnel are in charge of campus security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in order to improve security on campus by conducting foot and vehicle patrols or simply by maintaining a presence.
In the event of an emergency, the security guards are available 24/7 at 2222 (on-campus emergency number).
Please also contact the security staff members if you feel uncomfortable in a potentially dangerous situation that negatively affects your personal feeling of safety. If you feel unsafe at any time on campus, especially after dark or in the winter months, also dial the above mentioned number to get an escort to another location on campus or be walked to your car.
Please dial 7777 or write a ticket to the Service Desk to report any unsafe conditions, defective lamps or missing streetlamps in dark areas or if you have any security-related questions or improvements to propose.
If you have any questions regarding general security on university premises, the security options for office equipment, security issues in connection with events, after key losses or detected break-ins and thefts, please contact the Infrastructural Facility Management department.
Own safety precautions
Description of the exact emergency phone locations
- One emergency pole is located at the end of Georg-Forster-Straße, on the left-hand side in front of the main entrance to the underground garage.
- One emergency pole is located between Gießhaus/Faculty 15, Mönchebergstraße 3 (Institute of Materials Engineering) and Faculty 14, Mönchebergstraße 7 (at the back) and the rear entrance of Gießhaus (caretaking services).
- Another emergency pole is located at the back of the library (cobbled path) close to the rear entrance of the underground garage und the ramp to the library.
- On the opposite side an emergency pole is located at the back of the building in Kurt-Wolters-Straße 3 close to (on the opposite side of) the labs and the truck access route.
- A further emergency pole is located in Nora-Platiel-Straße 5 (passage to Arnold Bode-Straße, Faculty of Social Sciences).
- One emergency is located in the backyard in Nora-Platiel-Straße 1 (near the passage to Henschelstraße).
Case of theft-related offences