In the parent-child-rooms, students and staff of the University of Kassel have the opportunity to meet and network. The rooms are equipped with play corners, a children’s seating area, a changing table, high chairs, toys, and children’s books. In addition, the rooms have WLAN so that they can be used as a workplace with private laptops.
- Holländischer Platz: Campus Center, Moritzstraße 18, level 02, room 2144 (key is available at the Campus Center information desk).
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Kassel University Library, Diagonale 10, level 1, room 1418 (key can be obtained from the security guard in the entrance hall)
- Heinrich-Plett-Straße(AVZ): Ground floor of the main building at Heinrich-Plett-Straße 40, room 0212 (key can be obtained in the cafeteria for a deposit)
Cafeteria opening hours: Mon. to Thurs. 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., Fri. 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Please note: there are no baby-changing facilities in the parent-child-room of the AVZ.
- Wilhelmshöher Allee: Room -1305 (basement: the room is signposted from the Säulenhalle)
Please note: Access is only possible with an activated multifunction card. Please fill out an application for building/room access using the multifunction card (Antrag auf Gebäude-/Raumzutritt mittels Multifunktionskarte, German language only), which must be submitted together with the CampusCard on the first floor.
- University of Art and Design Kassel: Room 0334, Menzelstraße 13-15, North Building Entrance
Opening hours during the lecture period: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Opening hours during the lecture-free period: Mon. to Tues.: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., Wed. to Thurs.: 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Fri.: 9.00 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Please note: due to lack of space, there are no baby-changing facilities in the parent-child-room at the University of Art and Design.
- Witzenhausen, Steinstr. 19: lecture hall and laboratory building (building no. 3030), ground floor, room no. 0008
Overview of breastfeeding and baby-changing rooms:
- Holländischer Platz, Campus Center, level 2, room 2143.
- Central cafeteria at HoPla: right-hand entrance by the toilets
- University of Art and Design: Rest and nap room (next to the cafeteria) R-1618 Hörsaaltrakt, Menzelstraße 13
Changing tables are available at the following locations:
- Sciencepark: ground floor in the disabled toilet area, room 0.017
- Holländischer Platz: Building ESW 1, Kurt-Wolters-Straße 5, in the anteroom of the toilets (room 008), ground floor
- Wilhelmshöher Allee: Near cafeteria, in the anteroom of the female toilet and male toilets, room 0130
- AVZ, Heinrich-Plett-Straße: Near the canteen, in the anteroom of the toilets and in the anteroom of the female toilet near the parent-child room (room 212)
- University of Art and Design: Menzelstraße, lecture hall wing room -1618 (in the rest and nap room)
- Witzenhausen: Steinstraße 19, 1st floor, in the anteroom of the female toilet and lecture hall and laboratory building 3030, female toilet on the ground floor
- Witzenhausen: Nordbahnhofstraße, new lecture building, in the anteroom of the female toilet (basement)
The Student Service (Studierendenwerk) offers free meals for students’ children in the canteen with the "MahlZeit, Kinder!“-Card.
Prerequisite: At least one parent is a student and presents a certificate of enrolment and the child’s birth certificate. The "MahlZeit, Kinder!" card is valid for one year at a time and can then be renewed, for the last time in the year in which the child turns six, but no longer than until the child’s seventh birthday.
The "Mahlzeit, Kinder!"-Card can be obtained at the Student Service information desk on the 3rd level of the Campus Center, Moritzstraße 18. Students at the Witzenhausen location can obtain the card from the Student Service, Stubenstraße 20, 37213 Witzenhausen.
Children of employees pay € 2.50 per plate.
The Student Service (Studierendenwerk) has set up play corners or purchased play boxes in the following canteens:
- Central canteen, new building
- Canteen AVZ Heinrich-Plett-Straße
- University of Art and Design, Cafeteria (play box to borrow)
- Cafeteria in the University of Art and Design, Menzelstraße (play box to borrow)
- Mensa Steinstraße, Witzenhausen (play box to borrow)
Students and staff of the University of Kassel can borrow mobile playrooms to keep their children occupied. The mobile playroom is an easy-to-carry box with a lid and all kinds of toys. You can borrow the mobile playrooms for use in seminars, conferences, workshops etc. from the Equality Unit.
In the AVZ you can borrow the mobile playroom from the Representative for Women and Equality in the faculty , Ms Meier-Diedrich, for a deposit: AVZ I, Room 1127a, Working Group Professor Baumert.
Tel.: 804-4417, Mon. to Thurs. from 8.00 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Fridays with Mrs. Kasper, room 1129