Civil Engineering (Bachelor)

This page contains automatically translated content.

Civil engineers are responsible for ensuring that imposing skyscrapers and long-span bridges become safe structures.

As structural engineers, they work hand in hand with architects in construction companies and public authorities, where they are responsible not only for the timely, cost-effective and high-quality execution of construction projects, but also for the cost-effective operation of buildings. They are equally concerned with the expansion and maintenance of infrastructure and the protection of natural resources.

Civil engineers are responsible for the planning, execution and operation of facilities to protect the environment. This involves issues such as supplying the population with drinking water and purifying wastewater. Other areas of responsibility include flood protection and the maintenance of natural bodies of water. Transportation is another field of work for graduates.

Study Choice Assistant

The subject of civil engineering sounds exciting. But what is it actually about and is this course of study a good fit for me at all?

To find out, it's worth taking our online course "Studying Civil Engineering". This is guaranteed to give you a really good insight into studying.

At a glance

Degree: Bachelor of Science

Start: Winter semester

Duration/Scope: 7 semesters

Language of instruction: German

Admission restriction (NC): No

Special feature:
Integrated internship: 12 weeks of professional practical studies.

Access requirement

For this degree program you need one of the following degrees:

A good overview of the various degrees and their differences can be found on the website "Zugangsvoraussetzungen" of the Hessian Ministry of Science and Art.

Application and enrollment procedure for the winter semester

Application with German certificates

Application deadline

annually 01.06. - 01.09.

You apply for this degree program via our online application portal "eCampus".

How do I apply for this study program?

Application with foreign certificates

Application deadline

with foreign certificates:
annually 01.03. - 15.07.

With a  school-leaving certificate acquiredabroad, you must apply via the central assessment office in Berlin, uni-assist.

How do I apply for this study program?

Information and advice


For any general admission questions, please contact our information desk.

Enquiries: Contact details

General study counseling

Subject-specific study counseling

Feedback on these study program pages

Go link of this page: