Inadequate childcare can pose a major challenge for parents who are studying or working. This is why the University of Kassel and the Studierendenwerk Kassel offer flexible childcare arrangements for students and staff. This page provides an overview of these services.
The Studierendenwerk Kassel offers flexible childcare for students’ children at the facility StudyKidsCare.
- Opening times: Mondays to Saturdays from 7.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Location: Europahaus, Mönchebergstraße 21B
- Maximum of 10 children between the ages of 6 months and 12 years (if your child is younger, please contact the Flying Nannies)
- By registration only
- Only to bridge study-related childcare gaps
- Maximum care period:
Children under three years: 35 hours per week
Children between three and six years: 45 hours per week
- Can only be booked on a one-off or semester basis
- No midday meals
- Per block (2 weekly hours) per semester: € 35
- One-off, short-term bookings: € 2 per hour or part thereof
Children of staff can also be looked after at StudyKidsCare. Please contact the familywelcomeservice[at]uni-kassel[dot]de.
The flexible childcare service Flying Nannies is for parents studying or working at the University of Kassel. Students with professional childcare training look after the children in the parent-child-rooms at all the University of Kassel’s sites. The Flying Nannies are intended as an additional support service – primarily in emergencies – when parents have university commitments but are also a supplementary service to “regular” childcare.
Please contact us by e-mail if needed.
- Flexible childcare form – please complete in advance
In addition to the childcare provided by the Flying Nannies in the parent-child-rooms, it is also possible to book qualified babysitters from the care pool. The babysitting pool is a childcare service that also covers times when parents do not have university obligations and is agreed upon directly between the babysitter and the parents. The university merely brings together the babysitter and the parents.
Further information is available on request by e-mail.