Introduction and start of studies
The content on this page was translated automatically.
The most important dates and offers for the start of studies
At the University of Kassel there is not the an introductory event. Rather, there is an extensive offer of different "Veranstalter:innen":
- On the one hand, the departments offer an official program. This type of introductory event is about the subject of study: What is this subject thematically about? Which majors are offered in Kassel? Which professors and subject areas determine the content? So: by all means attend and ask questions!
- For some (not all) courses and subjects we recommend participation in preliminary courses. Pre-courses are aimed at first-year students who would like to refresh their knowledge in certain subjects. The preliminary courses start before the introduction dates.
- Often the student councils also offer introductory courses. The student council is part of the student self-organization and deals with the specific questions of the students of a department. In terms of content, it deals with questions about the course of studies, the organization of the curriculum, the organization of learning and examinations. The student councils thus offer help with the question of how best to study this subject.
- In addition, there are "welcome events": First semester welcome, offers for students with children, offers for international students.
Date: Monday, 10/16/2013
2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Elementary School (L1) and Secondary School (L2) Teacher Training:
Holländischer Platz Campus, Campus Center, lecture hall 2
- Teaching degree for grammar schools (L3), vocational education (L4), business education (L4):
Campus Holländischer Platz, Campus Center, lecture hall 1
Introduction to the core studies in education and social sciences for all student teachers. First, Prof. Dr. Bennewitz (Chair of the Core Studies Commission) will welcome you. Afterwards, you will receive an introduction by experienced student employees that is geared towards your study program.
Welcome of the new students
10 :00 a.m.
Location: Moritzstr. 18 Campus Center, Lecture Hall 2, Room 1122
Instructor: Dr. Juliane Dieterich
Location: Arnold-Bode 2, room 0409 (seminar room)
Lecturer: Dr. Juliane Dieterich
Tour of the Holländischer Platz Campus
Pub Evening Irish Pub
Responsible: Student Council 07
City rally in the afternoon
Meeting point: Mensa (stairs)
Responsible: Student Council 07
We welcome you to our study program!
Information booth of the General Student Advisory Service
16.-18.10.23, 09.45 - 12.30 h Campus Center, Foyer
Freshman consultation hour of the General Academic Advising
18.-19.10.23, 13.-16.00 h in Campus Center, 3rd floor, room 3109
Dear First Semester Students,
The winter semester 2023/24 begins and we are pleased to welcome you all personally to campus. To make your start into student life easier, I, the City of Kassel, the Studierendenwerk as well as the General Student Committee (AStA) and other important contact points would like to welcome you as first semester students at the University of Kassel. We therefore cordially invite you to participate in our freshman welcome on Wednesday, 18.10.23 at 5 p.m. in the Campus Center, Moritzstr. 18.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Prof. Dr. Ute Clement
President of the University of Kassel
Lecture period: 19.10.23 - 09.02.24
Lecture-free period: 23.12.23 up to and including 07.01.24
For international students
Campus Dutch Square
Go link of this page: www.uni-kassel.de/go/b_bepaed-gesundheit_studienbeginn