Semester Fee

This page contains automatically translated content.

Winter semester 2024/25

Re-registration period:
Start: 01.06.2024
End: 01.09.2024

The semester fee must be paid upon enrolment and then when re-registering for the following semester.

It is made up of contributions for various institutions (see below).

In the event of late re-registration, the late fee is 30.00 euros.

First payment

During the enrolment you will receive information how and when to pay the semester fee.


The semester fee is due as part of the re-registration prior to each semester.

Re-registration: Read More

Composition of the semester fee

1. Studierendenwerk (Student Services)       90,00 €
2. Administration Fee
The administration fee does not apply to exchange students. 
        50,00 €
3. AStA (Student Council )  16,50 €

3.1 Deutschlandsemesterticket

 176,40 €
3.2 Hardship Fund (-0,25 €)     0,75 €
3.3 "Notfonds" 0,75 €
3.4 Bicycle Rental System (nextbike)
     2,20 €
3.5  "Kulturticket" (Culture Ticket)   4,09 €

Total Required Fee (-0,25 €)

340,69 €

the change from the previous semester in brackets

Management School der Universität Kassel (UNIKIMS)

For students of the Management School of the University of Kassel (UNIKIMS) the semester fee is € 158,00. This group does not have to pay for the semester ticket, the bicycle rental system and the Kulturticket. Students of the course of studies REMENA are excluded from this regulation.

Bank trans­fer

Please transfer the semester fees to the University of Kassel’s account at Kasseler Sparkasse, quoting the following transfer details:

Recipient: Universität Kassel
IBAN: DE98 5205 0353 0002 1984 28
Name of the bank: Kasseler Sparkasse

QR code

If you use a banking app on your smartphone, you can use it to scan this QR code. The recipient, IBAN and amount will then be filled in automatically. Nevertheless, please make sure to include your matriculation number and your name in the intended purpose.

What is financed with the semester fee?

The Kassel Studierendenwerk (Student Services) provides a range of support services for the students of the University of Kassel. The Studierendenwerk is responsible for processing financial aid applications in accordance with the Federal Training Assistance Act (Bafög) as well as for applications related to student accident insurance programmes. Furthermore, the Studierendenwerk is responsible for running students canteens and cafeterias, for constructing and operating student housing , as well as for providing private accommodation. In terms of social services, the Studierendenwerk offers universal, psychological and legal counseling services. 

For further information see the Studierendenwerk's website.

The administration fee covers a range of general services, including enrolment, leave of absence, re-registration, deregistration, student advising, internship placement, and international student services.  The fee is regulated according to § 56 of the Hessian Higher Education Act, which can be viewed on the Rechtsgrundlagen (Legal Affairs) page. 


According to the Hessian Higher Education Act, university students form a student body which constitutes a legal entity under public law and collects contributions from its members.  The “Allgemeine Studierendenausschuss” (AStA) is the executive agency of this student body.

For further inquiries regarding the Deutschlandsemesterticket, please get in touch with the AStA under 0561/804-2886.

Students with free travel authorization due to severe disability may be exempt from the payment of the semester ticket contribution (this must be arranged with the AStA).

The Hardship Fund serves to fund reimbursements as well as the work of the university’s hardship office. 

Payment fines are applicable only in cases of late re-registration. The semester fee is considered late if the payment is not made or not made in full within the registration period. The calculation of the payment fine amounting to € 30 is set by the Hessian Ministry for Science and the Arts which can be found here: Rechtsgrundlagen (Legal Affairs).

Go link of this page: