Application procedure (music)
The content on this page was translated automatically.
On the homepage of the music subprogram you can familiarize yourself with the structure of the program. On the homepage of the Institute of Music you will also find information about the various subject areas represented at the Institute, the artistic, scientific and pedagogical teaching staff, as well as ensembles and current events.
Find out about the process and requirements of the qualifying exams and how to apply.
You must submit your application for the aptitude test and the required documents by April 30, 2024.
As the L1/ L2/L3 degree programs involve very different professional fields and therefore also different aptitude tests, please only apply for one teaching degree program.
Please send the completed application form and your application documents to by post by April 30, 2024.
We offer a range of aids to help you prepare for the aptitude test:
- Sample tasks and information sheets on the aptitude tests
- A preliminary discussion with the student representatives (student council), in which you can go through the exam situation in advance
- Participation in the student council preparation weekend
- Discussions with our student study advisor
- Contact with our instrumental teachers, for example to get advice on suitable examination pieces.
After we have reviewed your complete application materials received by the deadline, we will invite you to take the qualifying exam for your respective grade level. The exam usually takes place on a weekend (Friday/Saturday) in June or July.
We will let you know whether you have passed the aptitude test after your practical test.
With the proof of having passed the qualifying examination, which we will send to you by mail, you can apply for the music subprogram of the respective school level within two years.
You can find all further information on application and admission procedures on the following pages: