This page contains automatically translated content.
The EU Directive 2016/2102 requires public bodies to make their websites and mobile applications accessible. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about how and when we have checked the accessibility of the website, what weaknesses still exist, and what improvements we are planning.
Scope of the declaration
This declaration applies to all web pages offered in the central web CMS system of the University of Kassel.
The design of the accessibility is based on the requirements of the Hessian Ordinance on Accessible Information Technology of September 16, 2019 and the Ordinance on the Creation of Accessible Information Technology in accordance with the Disability Equality Act (Barrierefreie-Informationstechnik-Verordnung - BITV 2.0).
The web presence of the University of Kassel has been checked several times for accessibility and is considered to have limited accessibility. The check was carried out as a self-assessment with support from third parties.
Content that is not accessible
- Subheading markup may not conform to the content hierarchy.
- For web content, alternative descriptions for images and tables may be missing.
- Alternative link identifiers may be missing for links.
- For embedded videos, subtitles/transcriptions may be missing at .
- Documents may not be accessible.
- Texts may not be formulated in simple language.
- Explanations in sign language are missing.
- Maps or directions may not have a purely textual description .
The University of Kassel has a very extensive web presence of several thousand web pages. The majority of the pages were published before September 23, 2018. The offering is currently being transferred to a new software version. In the course of this, the content and documents will be checked with regard to accessibility and revised if necessary. This is not immediately possible for all content and documents.