The content on this page was translated automatically.
Music for silent films 2021 - concert by film and music students
The films originate from the four film-making universities in the network of the Hessian Film and Media Academy (see below) and are performed live with newly composed and improvised music in several concerts . Artist tandems of film and music students present their films in combination with composed or improvised music. Since the filmmakers themselves sometimes even participate in the live scoring, both experimental-performative and partially improvised results are created, which interweave the arts in innovative ways. Also from the MfSCreativeLab, a cooperation between the Kunsthochschule Kassel and the Institute for Music of the University of Kassel, there are again contributions.
After the restrictions due to the Corona pandemic, this concert is the first in the concert hall of the Institute of Music.
THE 2021 PROGRAM:
- Without Sense by Florentina Berzel, RheinMain University, set to music by Jonathan Sutphen.
- Milk by Jennifer Kolbe, RheinMain University of Applied Sciences, set to music by Benedikt Kuhn
- Fragment by Roya Ghanavati, RheinMain University of Applied Sciences, set to music by Stefanie Januschko
- Rosa by Janina Lutter, Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, set to music by Elisabeth Tzschentke
- TouchbyLaraLast, RheinMain University of Applied Sciences, set to music by Felix Krell
- Bloß by Maike Kroll, RheinMain University, set to music by Manuel Lippstein
- Residual waste by Merlin Heidenreich, Offenbach University of Applied Sciences, set to music by Rouven Hoffmann
- Pizza Party by Max Holicki, Kunsthochschule Kassel, set to music by Charlotte Reitz
- Bring me back by Benjamin Fiedler, University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt, set to music by Sebastian Rausch
- Der Junge und der Bär by Joachim Brandenberg, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, set to music by Lucas Stephan
- Amour Fou by Florian Werzinski, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, with music by Valentin Michel
- Wallflower Tango by Wolfram Kampffmeyer, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, soundtrack by David Sixt
- Kellerkind by Julia Ocker, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, soundtrack by Sören Riesner
FROM THE MFS CREATIVELAB OF THE KUNSTHOCHSCHULEKASSEL:
- deliberately damage by Charlotte Bouchon, music: Helena Steiner
- fragile by Franziska Pappert, music: Ricarda Gumprich
- laterskater by Jan Emde, music: Anton Severin
- only tourists by Niels Walter, music: Tamara Schnopp
- Super8Girls by Alix Kokula, guest: Pit Przygodda
- We do not go to the dentist by Aya Limbacher, music: Anton Severin
In 2019, Roman Beilharz (University of Kassel) and Prof. Jan Peters (Kunsthochschule Kassel) launched the pilot project within the framework of Music for Silent Films, which fully focuses on direct creative collaboration between film and music students.
Admission is limited to 90 people. The hygiene concept with admission control is based on current regulations.
Therefore the admission starts already at 6 pm.