Study abroad self-organised - Freemover

If you are interested in universities, with which no cooperation arrangement has been arranged, you can organise your stay yourself. It is advisable to conduct your own research about which universities might be options for you. A study place can be organised via an agency (e.g. gostralia-gomerica, IEC), self-financed, as a visiting student or through BAföG abroad. The International Office is naturally happy to advise you.

You can find information about funding your period of study here.

As we register all the periods of study abroad, we would ask you to complete the online application form at the University of Kassel for spending a period of study abroad and hand it in at the International Office. 

Please note:

  1. Please select “free mover” as the framework for the details of your period of study.  
  2. If your host institution is not indicated on the list, you also have the opportunity of passing on the relevant information to us.  
  3. If all the data is complete and correct, please confirm this by clicking the “Continue” box. If you have fully completed the online application form and have clicked on “Send”, a PDF file is automatically generated and you can then save this. We recommend that you first save the PDF file and then print it. Please print the completed form and sign it on each page.
  4. You can leave the “Confirmation by the coordinator” box empty.  
  5. Hand in the printed and signed application form at the International Office or send it to:

    University of Kassel
    International Office
    Mönchebergstr. 19
    34117 Kassel