German language skills
This page contains automatically translated content.
Sufficient German language skills are an important admission requirement for most degree programmes. If your German language skills are not quite sufficient, we offer you the opportunity to prove them before the start of the semester. Find out here which certificates are sufficient for taking up your studies or for participation in the DSH examination, a German course or the Studienkolleg (foundation course).
Accepted language certificates
The following certificates entitle to study at the University of Kassel:
You can prove sufficient language skills with one of the following school certificates:
- German-language educational achievements from countries such as Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Austria and Switzerland.
- Maturity diplomas from schools with German as the language of instruction from the Autonomous Province of Bolzano/South Tyrol (Italy).
- Upper secondary school leaving certificate from the German-speaking community of the Kingdom of Belgium.
- The German certificate in the French Diplôme du Baccalauréat obtained after attending a bilingual German-French branch of a secondary school.
- US Advanced Placement exam (AP exam) in German.
- Higher Grade in the subject "German" in the Scottish Certificate of Education.
- Graduation certificate of the International Section of German at the Liceo Gimnasiale "Luigi Galvani" in Bologna.
- Bilingual Leaving Certificate of the German-Irish secondary school at St. Kilian's German School, Dublin.
- The final certificate of the bilingual departments at the Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Romagnosi" in Parma and at the Liceo Classico Statale Socrate in Bari.
- A-Level "German" of the British General Certificate of Education.
- Secondary school leaving certificate from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Certificate of completion of the international department of German at the Liceo Classico "Guiseppe Garibaldi" in Naples.
Services offered by the Language Centre
If your German language skills are not yet sufficient for studying, the International Study Centre (ISZ)/Language Centre of the University of Kassel offers preparatory courses for the DSH examination as well as a DSH examination itself (every March and September).
In order to take part in these courses, you must have applied for a degree programme and received conditional admission from the University of Kassel.
Possible paths to starting your studies
Go-Link of this page: www.uni-kassel.de/go/German-language-skills