Introduction and start of studies
The content on this page was translated automatically.
This course starts in the winter semester.
Dates for the start of the course in October 2024 will be published in August 2024.
Until then, you can get an impression of last year's courses.
The most important dates and offers for the start of studies
At the University of Kassel there is not the an introductory event. Rather, there is an extensive offer of different "Veranstalter:innen":
- On the one hand, the departments offer an official program. This type of introductory event is about the subject of study: What is this subject thematically about? Which majors are offered in Kassel? Which professors and subject areas determine the content? So: by all means attend and ask questions!
- For some (not all) courses and subjects we recommend participation in preliminary courses. Pre-courses are aimed at first-year students who would like to refresh their knowledge in certain subjects. The preliminary courses start before the introduction dates.
- Often the student councils also offer introductory courses. The student council is part of the student self-organization and deals with the specific questions of the students of a department. In terms of content, it deals with questions about the course of studies, the organization of the curriculum, the organization of learning and examinations. The student councils thus offer help with the question of how best to study this subject.
- In addition, there are "welcome events": First semester welcome, offers for students with children, offers for international students.
04.10.23 Propaedeutic Spanish A2-B1
In order to be able to study successfully, it is important that you develop your language skills quickly after the start of your studies so that you can use Spanish at level B1 without any problems, both in order to successfully complete the individual modules of the language practice and to participate in the courses of the subject sciences. We support you with special language practice courses called Propädeutikum, which are taught exclusively by native speakers: Within the first winter semester you will reach level B1 by means of a combination of block courses and regular weekly sessions. If you can already prove level B1, it is possible to directly attend the courses of the first module of language practice. If you have an even higher language level, please take the placement test scheduled immediately before the start of the semester ( 18.10.2023 /14:00), so that you can then find a suitable start for the modules of language practice. Before the start of the study, we offer an intensive course. During the semester, there are other option. Further information can be found here: Propaedeutic Spanish A2-B1
Dear first semester students,
Welcome to the University of Kassel and to the Department 02! In order to make the start of your studies a little easier, we are again offering a three-day student first semester introduction including a campus tour and joint timetable preparation. This introduction will take place in the period from 10 to 12.10.23 from 10 a.m. to about 4 p.m. each day.
We will meet on the first day at 10 am in front of Diagonale 1, Campus Holländischer Platz and then go together to the room designated for the respective introduction.
- 1.part: Mönchebergstr. 7 - lecture hall 400
- General introduction to the everyday life at the university with all new students of the subject
- Division into the study programs, short getting to know each other
- 2nd part: Campus Center - room 1134 - seminar room 6
- campus tour
- creation of the university account
Wednesday, 11.10.23 - Please bring laptop or tablet!
Location: Möncheberg 7 - Room 0608
- Introduction to the platforms Moodle and eCampus
- Introduction to the module examination regulations(s)
- Creation of the timetable
- Campus Rallye
Change: Start from 15:00
Location: Amphitheater behind Diagonale 1
- Clarification of open questions
- Common activities
Location: Kurt-Wolters-Straße 5, Room 0019
Lecturer: Dolores León Munoz
Introduction by the lecturers
We look forward to seeing you there!
Lecture period: 19.10.23 - 09.02.24
Lecture-free period: 23.12.23 up to and including 07.01.24
Go link of this page: www.uni-kassel.de/go/b_kuwi_spanisch_studienbeginn