The content on this page was translated automatically.
- The University of Kassel is testing the practical semester as part of a pilot project for the teacher training programs for elementary schools and secondary schools.
- It takes place in the second year of study (3rd or 4th semester) and combines courses in educational science and subject didactics with initial practical school studies.
- The practical semester is part of the core studies in education and social sciences (module PM) and the two subjects German and mathematics.
- The internship semester can be completed after successful completion of the introductory module 1a or 1b.
- A complete semester. The preparatory seminars already start in the lecture-free period before the internship semester.
- School internship: 5 weeks of compact phase in full-time (with at least 100 hours of attendance) and a semester-long phase.
- The accompanying seminar and the accompanying events usually extend over the entire lecture period of the internship semester.
- Follow-up seminar: usually as a block event lasting several days after the school internship.
- Schools and mentors for the internship semester are assigned to the students by the Department for Practical School Studies in cooperation with the internship supervisors of the University of Kassel.
- The seminars for the internship usually take place at the university.
- The school internship takes place at assigned schools in Northern Hesse .
The practical semester consists of:
- a preparatory seminar, an accompanying seminar and an evaluation seminar
- a blocked practical school phase of 5 weeks and a semester-long phase at school
- three accompanying courses (one in each subject and in the core course) For the accompanying courses a separate registration may be necessary!
- Responsible for the registration for the practical semester is the Department for Practical School Studies
- For the accompanying courses a separate registration may be necessary.
Please note the registration deadlines!
Registration always takes place at the end of the 1st semester.
- The Examination performance consists of the internship report, which includes the following aspects:
- Lesson planning and reflections,
- development observations of teaching observations,
- a pedagogical topic related to the internship school and the reflection of the own development,
- as well as a brief description of the internship school.
Contact person practical studies
Department for Practical School Studies
Phone: +49 561 804-3971